Do you have unwanted hair on the face and feel like you have a mustache? Do you suffer from razor bumps in the bikini or under arm area? Unwanted hair with issues like bumps is a common concern that we treat at Charmed Medispa. Laser hair removal is an exceptional option to consider. Here are the main points that you should know about laser hair removal.
- Certain types of lasers work on specific types of hair and skin color. At Charmed Medispa, we use a device that can only treat lighter skin tones that have darker hair. However, there are lasers that treat dark skin with dark hair. Make sure you know what type of laser you need.
- Laser hair removal is a commitment. Laser hair removal requires 6-8 treatments spaced 4-8 weeks apart depending on the area of treatment. Why do you need multiple laser hair removal sessions? Treatments are only effective on hair that is in the growth cycle and only about 20% of your hair is actively growing per month. You have to wait for the next growth cycle to target the next group of growing hairs.
- Lasers for hair removal cannot be performed on tan skin as it will increase the risks of burning.
- Most people get hair reduction that is very satisfying but you can expect some fine hair to remain.
- Razor bumps and irritation can dramatically improve with laser hair removal. Razor bumps are a significant reason why people do laser hair removal.
- You cannot wax or pluck your hair 7 days before treatment as you will remove the target that the laser is working on. You can shave right before laser hair removal treatments.
At Charmed Medispa, we have certified laser operators that have advanced training and techniques for laser hair removal, laser resurfacing, IPL photofacials and more. In addition, we offer Botox treatments, dermal filler, lip injections, jawline enhancement, under eye correction, facial treatment, dermaplane, hydrafacials and more. Check out our five star med spa reviews and our gallery of results! Call today for a consultation 302-273-2827.