The first thing you need to know about lip filler is that lip fillers look and feel natural. Makes you want to try it, right? Lip filler is a very popular treatment at our Delaware med spa and we know exactly why. Everyone loves having smoother, plumper lips! Here are some other things you should know about lip filler:
- Lip filler results last about 4-9 months and when you repeat lip filler, the results start to last longer. The lip filler results last longer because every lip filler treatment you have produces your own collagen rebuild. That is another added benefit. Collagen becomes thicker and firmer.
- Your lips will look much smoother after lip filler. Lips tend to get wrinkled and raisin like. Adding hyaluronic acid lip fillers like Juvederm adds hydration to the lips. Wrinkles within the lips disappear after lip filler.
- You can anticipate some swelling after lip filler that lasts 1-3 days. Some patients love the swelling, actually. Plan for some swelling.
- Our expert injection provider uses various techniques to do lip filler including the tenting technique, the Russian technique and more (you may have heard of these on Instagram). These techniques have been around awhile but are getting some trade names added to them. Your lip filler treatment and technique will be customized based on what your lips look like and your desired outcome.
- Most before and after photos shown of lip filler on Instagram are immediately after (which can be deceiving). This is not a final result for lip filler. Final results take up to two weeks and are own less volume than the immediately after photos. We really wish there were more results that showed the two week final results.
If you are considering lip filler, take a look at our portfolio of lip filler results in our gallery. In addition to filler, our Delaware med spa performs medical facial and microdermabrasions, chemical peels, Botox, ViPeels and more. We are proud to be Delaware’s number one recommended medical spa with five star reviews. Call us today to schedule a consultation!